Position: - Chief Operating Officer (COO)
Unit: New Delhi
The Sports, Physical Education, Fitness and Leisure Skills Council (SPEFL-SC) is one of the Sector Skills Council supported by Govt. of India and NSDC. The Sports, Physical Education, Fitness and Leisure Skills Council are mandated to impact 2.1 million people over ten years. Purpose of Sports, Physical Education, Fitness and Leisure Skills Council:
1. Build a catalogue of skills in the SPEFL
2. Gather, sort and document Labor Market Intelligence of employability skills
3. Build competency frameworks occupational standards and curriculum guidelines
4. Train the trainers and expose to global standards
5. Accredit and build a network of Institutions and training providers in priority skills
6. Evaluate, certify and facilitate employment of trainees
7. Create an ecosystem where job seekers and job providers are brought together to provide jobs in the sector
8. Build a sustainable organization through continuous innovation
About the position:
The Chief Operating Officer is based in New Delhi and reports directly to the CEO/President/Secretary/Chairman of the Governing Council of SPEFL-SC.
Overview of Roles and Responsibilities:
1. The development and implementation of the SPEFL-SCs operational strategy and conceptualization of SPEFL-SCs growth in skill ecosystem of India.
2. The development, implementation and continuous improvement of the SPEFL-SCs processes and procedures
3. Lead the team regarding the Skill India Mission, vision and mission of SPEFL-SC.
4. Interact with NSDC and other Government departments, Ministries like Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports etc.
5. Developing connections with potential employers and Industry leaders
6. Direct involvement in image creation and maintenance of SPEFL-SC like press, media coverages
7. Developing connections for fund raising and sponsorships
8. The monitoring, reporting and management of the SPEFL-SCs finances
9. Represent the organization at various levels like government, private sector, vendors and industry
10. Designing and implementation of policies at SSC level
11. Deliver quarterly and yearly plans
2. Strategic Thinking.
3. Results Driven.
4. Business Acumen.
5. Decision Making.
6. Financial Management
7. Sports and Skill Development
1. Comprehensive knowledge of Sports Sector and Skill Ecosystem of India.
2. Experience in conducting need analysis, designing implementation plans and impact analysis report generation.
3. Well-versed with trainings, training partner affiliations, qualification pack/NOS development, monitoring and evaluation process
4. Detailed knowledge about skill development schemes, central and states
5. Comprehensive knowledge about skill development and entrepreneurship policies of government
6. Experience in building credible and trusting relationships while responding to a Governing Council of SPEFL-SC and meeting the requirements of government (MSDE).
7. Demonstrated experience in contributing to the strategic planning process and assisting with the implementation of operational business plans.
8. Experience in undertaking planning activities with regards to financial and operational management
9. The ability to identify innovative opportunities for skill development and trainings in sports sector with assured delivery in terms of quality.
10. Commitment to engender initiative, innovation and accountability to establish and develop teams to achieve results as per dynamic skill ecosystem of India.
11. Strong senior level written and verbal communication skills with an impeccable attention to detail, including the ability to interpret and respond to Governing Council/Industry/Governments requirements.
12. Willingness to travel extensively
Educational Qualification and Work Experience Required:
1. Post-Graduation in Development Studies/Sports/Management
2. Minimum 15-18 years of work experience with at least 6 years in leadership role
Salary: Not Disclosed by Recruiter
Industry: Wellness / Fitness / Sports
Functional Area: Top Management
Employment Type: Permanent Job, Full Time